[GUIDE] Make Intel 700$ Hackintosh Build Using OpenCore Bootloader
Before you start, first to know about What is Hackintosh and OpenCore, If you are new to this don’t be scared as 90% of the people in Hackintosh are new and learned throughout their First build by seeking help Online. This Guide is only for those who did build Hackintosh before.
Don’t Expect All the Answers in this Guide, Do Research of your own. The Steps Mentioned in the guide are written in the Simplest Form. Learn from other Guides and Forums because it never hurts to learn.
Make Sure you are,
- Able to keep Patience.
- Be Very Comfortable About Changing Stuff in your System BIOS/ UEFI menu.
- Prepared to Read Lot of Technical Terms and Documentation.
- Able to Spend 2-3 Days on this Project. or maybe more
If you are not comfortable with the points mentioned above believe me Hackintosh is not for you. There is Fair Chance that you’ll end up bricking your MotherBoard. So, Just Save your Headache and Buy nicce thicc MacPro from Apple.
If you don’t have a PC yet, Read this Budget Build Guide for Hardware Recommendation, OR Choosing something other people have success within the Hackintosh community gives a higher rate of your build Success as they can also help you.
- Intel i5 9400F
- 16GB Corsair RAM (2 x 8GB)
- Crucial MX500 500GB SSD
- Cooler Master 450W Power Supply
- MSI B360M-PRO-VDH.
- Sapphire RX580 8GB
- Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Keyboard
- Logitech G402 Mouse.
- Logitech G433 Headset.
- At least 2 2.0 USB pen drives.
Also, You need working Hackintosh, macOS or Windows System for USB Preparation, I’ll be using my MacBook Air for the Installation process.
If you still want to go with Clover Follow this,
Good tools make stuff much easier. To edit, you need to use one of these:
- PlistEdit Pro, for macOS. My pick.
- MaciASL – For Managing ACPI Tables.
- IORegistryExplorer (for Mac) – to browse active ACPI setup.
- Hackintool to review active USB ports, PCI device list, and other info (although some of the stuff it displays is wrong on AMD systems).
- MountEFI, a command-line utility to reveal your EFI Partition.
- OC-Configurator – For Fine Tuning our Config.plist
I’ll Attach OpenCore-Starter-Pack software package for people who want to download all Softwares at once. 😂
Give a Star and Download gibMacOS, and Double Click on gibMacOS.command
SELECT 1 TO DOWNLOAD macOS LATEST VERSION
Write the OS to Pendrive.
Well, there are a lot of methods all over the internet but we’ll start from Vanilla Installation. Vanilla Installation means nothing is pre-made you have to make your config which will be most compatible with your system. So, let’s get started.
The motherboard I’m using is from MSI so I’m mentioning the steps which are on-point for MSI motherboards, If you have different MoBo the settings are the same but maybe on a different page on your BIOS GUI.
- Settings > Advanced > Integrated Peripherals > Network Stack > Disabled
- Settings > Advanced > Integrated Peripherals > Intel Serial IO > Disabled
- Settings > Advanced > USB Configuration > XHCI Hands-Off > Enabled
- Settings > Advanced > USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > [AUTO]
- Settings > Advanced > Windows OS Configuration > MSI FastBoot > [Disabled]
- Settings > Advanced > Windows OS Configuration > FastBoot > [Disabled]
- Overclocking > Extreme Memoery Profile (X.M.P) > [Enabled]
- Overclocking > CPU Features > Intel Virtualization Tech > [Enabled]
- Overclocking > CPU Features > Intel V-td Tech > [Disabled]
- Settings > Boot > Boot Mode Select > [UEFI]
In this step, we’ll configure OpenCore from Top to bottom to boot our system for Installing macOS. So let’s start with Downloading OpenCore. At the time of writing the Latest Release is 0.5.7 of OpenCore Bootloader.
Unzip the Downloaded Files and Reconstruct the Directory as Follows.
Let’s Start by Downloading the Kexts,
AppleALC.kext – AUDIO – Link
Lilu.kext – PLUGIN FOR VARIOUS GPUS ETC– Link
RaedeonBoost.kext – MAINLY USED FOR HIGH-END AMD GPUS FOR FULL POWER – Link
RealtekRTL8111.kext – ETHERNET – Link
SMCProcessor.kext – PROCESSOR, VIRTUALSMC PLUGIN – Link
SMCSuperIO.kext – PROCESSOR, VIRTUALSMC PLUGIN – Link
USBInjectAll.kext – USB – Link
VirtualSMC.kext – PROCESSOR – Link
WhateverGreen.kext – DISPLAY – Link
Delete All the Content Of Drivers Folder except OpenRuntime.efi and Download these two additional Drivers for APFS and HFS Drives.
According to Official Documentation, we need 4 Files for Our 9th Generation CoffeeLake Refresh Processor.
SSDT-PLUG – CPU MANAGEMENT
SSDT-EC-USBX – USB POWER MANAGEMENT
SSDT-AWAC – REAL-TIME CLOCK ~ RTC
SSDT-PMC – NVRAM MANAGEMENT
for USB there is one more method explained here,
For this Particular file grab the SampleConfig.plist and Place it in your OC Folder like this.
You’ll Be Greeted by this Screen.
Go to FILE > OPEN
Then Select Your config.plist File,
Then You’ll Be Greeted by this Screen,
Press This Button Combination on Your Keyboard.
COMMAND + SHIFT + R
and Choose your OC Folder.
This Command will Clean Your config.plist file and add the kexts, drivers and ACPI changes to your File.
Now Download the OC Configuartor.
You’ll be greeted by this screen,
Go to FILE> OPEN
and open your config.plist
Then Go to PlatformInfo
Go to the Drop-Down menu like in the ScreenShot Above and Select either iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1
Then Go to File> Save
then Go to Tools > Mount EFI
On Your USB DRIVE click Mount Partition
The Structure of the EFI Drive will be like this,
Create a Folder named EFI on new mounted Partition,
Copy Your BOOT AND OC FOLDER into the EFI Folder.
Now Restart and Boot From USB.
Do the Normal macOS Installation as You Did In clover, like formatting Drives in APFS and Installing the macOS If You Don’t Know How to Do this Step. pls stop
Congratulations on Installing macOS via OpenCore Bootloader, now lets complete our perfect hack with some here and there touches.
Do the same thing, Download OC Configurator.
Go to Tools > Mount EFI
On Your INTERNAL SSD DRIVE DRIVE click Mount Partition
Now copy the All Contents Of your USB’s EFI partition to Internal Drive’s EFI partition.
Reboot without USB Drive.
My EFI FOLDER for REFERENCE ONLY.
Now. Test All Other things like DRM, Audio, iMessage, FaceTime. Most Probably It’ll be working.