Download macOS Big Sur with gibMacOS for Clean Installation
Either you are making an Hackintosh or re-installing macOS on Apple Hardware you need macOS Installation File on an Bootable USB, it can be also handy to Download for those who want to do clean install or install older version of macOS like Catalina, High Sierra or even older. This Method can be Used on both Windows or macOS Operating System, The Tool named gibMacOS by corpnewt does all this work, Below are the Instruction for using this Script.
- Go to gibMacOS Repo and Star it.
- Download the Repo Files into your desktop.
- Browse into Downloaded folder and open gibMacOS.command (for macOS) or gibMacOS.bat (for windows).
- (windows only) it may say to download python, for the on-screen instructions.
- You’ll be greeted with this Screen.
- Select the macOS version by typing the numbers written on left side of the window.
- (Developer’s Beta or macOS BigSur Beta) type “C” to change the current catalog from publicrelease to developersbeta.
- Select “1” to Download the Current macOS Big Sur Developer’s Beta.
- Let The Software Download. It’ll take time as it is almost 10GB Download.
- Successful download screen will look like this.
- Browse to the gibMacOS Folder.
- Go to gibMacOS/macOS Downloads/
- Open the Big Sur Folder
- Open InstallAssistant.pkg
- Continue the On-Screen Steps.
- Upon Successful completion you’ll be greeted by this page.
- Check for Applications Folder, The Installation App will be there.
To make bootable USB for MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac Pro or MacPro’s Follow the Steps Below.
- Insert USB Pen Drive Of At least 16GB.
- Format the Drive in HFS+ Format and GUID Partition Table and name it kextcache.
- Open Terminal.app and minimise it.
- Open Applications folder from Finder and search for Install macOS Big Sur Beta.app
- Right click on it and select show package Contents.
- Go to Contents → Resources.
- Search for createinstallmedia
- Open Terminal.app Again.
- Type sudo and give a space then drag and drop createinstallmedia into the terminal window.
- Then type –volume and give space.
- Open Finder → Go → Computer
- Select your USB Drive and Drag and Drop into Terminal Window.
- Enter password and enter “Y” to confirm.
You have now Successfully made Bootable macOS USB Drive downloaded with gibMacOS, To use it as Bootable Drive into Mac, insert drive into system and restart system with Option key pressed and for Hackintosh The Big Sur guide is coming soon in Kextcache